Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Giving Up? Maybe not...

It’s 20 minutes to 2 o’clock in the afternoon now. Waiting for the next class to start… Everybody is busying their own things. Students from the other class are having fun taking pictures together. My class, half of it is missing. Because they are skipping the class as the lecture is not teaching and there will only presentation throughout the class. That’s why they left. Another group of students were quarantine because one of the students in the group was infected with H1N1 virus. So, they will be missing for a week. Unfortunately… Well, due to this, more than half of the class is missing. I guess the lecturer is going to be mad. Nevertheless, some of the students were a bit upset about their marks for physics test 2. Some had gain as some had degrade in marks. I had gain, that’s the most important thing that I care for. Lately, I had found that we can’t compare ourselves with other. Let says, last time, my marks is lower than his. And then, this time around, my marks is higher than him. This doesn’t mean that I have improved, no. Now, I want to change my thinking. To improve is to get a higher marks than my previous marks for the same subjects over the same total marks regardless of the different in difficulty. That is what is improving. To compare to yourself is better than comparing to any other people in this world. Once you keep improving, one day, you will triumph everyone in this world. My math is not good, and my grade is going down and down from one chapter to another. God present an opportunity for me to change that fact. The math test is the last test in the final exam. It means I have a longer period of preparing for it. For people who did not do well in the physics exam, I understand the feeling of beaten, it was how I felt for my math. Don’t give up just because you don’t understand the subject, don’t hate the subject because it’s hard. Take it on as a challenge. As something meant impossible but make it possible. Love it because it’s something that you don’t know. Love it as something that you can learn new things discover new knowledge. That way, no matter what, you can do it. Another thing I want to specified, knowledge is not limited. When human studies everything that we had ever known, we try to discover new things, new knowledge. It’s human nature. So, don’t plan to stop studying. If you think so, then there’s only one word to describe you, “lazy”. Education is endless. There is saying in Chinese, it means you learn as you age.

No comments:

Post a Comment