Friday, August 14, 2009

Done with one week, here comes next week...

Just done with my chemistry test. Frankly, it's not hard, just hoping that there's not careless mistakes. The same goes for my physcis test. So, this week have been a very very busy week indeed. Previously, there should be an English test on Wednesday, but then it was cancelled. And then there was a presentation on Thursday. Because of this presentation, I spent a lot of time preparing for it, the points and the slide shows, who will be the first, second and third speaker, it's a debate by the way. So, I have to prepare the questions that we need to ask them in part 2 as well. Unfortunately, I had to do almost everything with the help of CS. Without him, I wouldn't even have the time to do my revision on my Physics and Chemistry test. As for the other two teammates, they weren't helpful at all. One of it, as the first speaker of the debate, I asked him to prepare his speech. The next day I asked him for his part of speech, he said he haven't done it yet. I asked him to done with it as soon as possible. And then he asked me when do I need it, so I told him by the presentation of course. Then, he told me he'll give me by that time. So, how are we going to discuss? We can't! I don't know what was he thinking about. In the end, he did pass it to me, which is by Thursday, the day that we presented. However, I would need to change alomost everything for him. It's barely useful. We went to Starbucks to do our last discussion. So, there were four of us. Instead of doing the work together, half of us were working on it, and half of us weren't. What the other half did was study and playing online game on the spot. Being a leader of the team, I could actually scold them for not doing their work. But then, I am not such guys. I don't want people to look differently on me just because of this. I held firm. After all, this is the last thing that I have to do with them already. So, I thought I would just get over with it.

The next day, the debate. Part 1 of it was very simple as we just went on with our prepared speech. As for the opposing, it was kind of funny for what they did. Their leader, was trying to oppose on my points. He opposed so much that he didn't have the time to stress on his own points. In the end, he ran out of time before completing his own points. As in part 2, it's open debate and questions were being asked. Ok, the debate was actually soft copy versus hard copy . And my team in on soft copy. So in part 2, another funny thing was done by the leader of the opponent team again. As I mentioned just now, it's about soft copy and hard copy. But then, in one of his points, he stressed on Global Positioning System(GPS). Knowing that he was out of the topic already, I couldn't go on stressing his points. So, what I did was saying that the motion had nothing to do with GPS or maps. It's about documentation using soft copy or hard copy. In part 2, only the leaders from both team are debating, as for the rest of the team, they were just sitting there only. From here, you can actually tell that who was doing their homework and who didn't.

So, the debate ended. So, I went to Secret Recipe to treat myself. At the same time, did a light revision my Physics for the test next day. Actually I already did the revison in advanced, but then I was afraid that it wasn't enough as for the previous test for my Physics, my score was not satisfying for me. I just wanna do better. About that, lately, I got back my test paper for my math already, it was the second mid term test of the semester. Frankly, I dropped a lot if compared to the first test. As for this, I don't blame myself for it. The chapters covered in that test was pretty hard and I am not good in these 2 chapters. But still, I manage to reach my target that is scoring more than half. I am satisfied but still feeling that I could have done better. Time was my limiting factor. Coming back to my revision. For my Physics, all chapters covered in the test was ok for me except one, the Simple Harmonic Motion. It's not a complicating chapter actually, just a few formulae and equations. But the concept is rather hasty and mixing. I didn't want to give it. So, what I did was that I read the text book trying to understand the concept. It's my best chance. Physics, you know, it's quite special. You either undestand it, or you don't. It's like math. In fact, everything in Physcis is math. To be relief, although I am not good in math, but I'm pretty well in Physics. I'm trying to change myself now. I don't like to study at the last minute or last day. I want this to change. I want to graps every single second to improve myself.

Chemistry test was pretty much as easy as physics. So, all are over now, for the week that is. Next week, there will be English test as well as quiz for Principle of Economics. Besides, there is 2 science report to be done. So, it's another busy week. One week after another, and the work will never come to and end. Life in college is so much different from life at primary and secondary school. But I like the constant busy-ness. It's what life it is when we are in the labout force. And I have four and a half years in doing so, preparing myself for the real deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment