Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Life in PJ

Life isn't what i think it is here . I thought it would be fun and fantastic . I thought that it would be very relaxing and enjoyable . But then , i was wrong . It has been more than one month since i'm here . To be honest , the first week was very hard . Life seems to be just about me alone and doing routine every single day . I was really in pain , finding very hard to adjust and adapt to this new environment . The first meal i take was on my own , of course , because i don't know anyone here . Not even one person , not even my housemate . All the people around me back then are strangers to me . The meal here is , well , not as delicious as the food back in Penang . Not a chance at all , and it's a lot more expensive . I don't enjoy the food here at all . During my early month here , i need to take the bus to school . Actually , it's my first time taking bus to school , i never tried before , and i would like to tell that i hate it a lot . Because you see , you neew to wait and wait , like an idot , wondering when the bus is going to arrive . And when it arrives , the time taken for me to wait for the bus would have taken me to school if i were walking . Conclusion ? Time consuming . Ok , college life is really different , with air-conditioned room , which is very nice ^^ , but sometimes can be really cold , which is a bad thing . Class was quick and simple on the first day , nothing much , just some introduction about ourselves . First week ended , and it felt like a year's time . Second week , hmmm ... Things are more serious now , i set my goal to get a CGPA of 3.9 and above . I was hardworking more than ever , more than when I'm going to sit for my SPM last year . When people print out their lectrure notes , i copy it . When people revise what had the lecture thaught today , I will do my pre-studies on what the lecture will teach next week . I always sit i front to get the best attention to the lesson . These all are not easy , pressure was on me all the time . When i get my first assignemt , basically I can say that I done it in a week time instead of the given 7 weeks time period before passing up . Now , I got my second and third assignment already . I haven't finish either of them , it's because latelt , I have been very busy completing science reports and doing revision for the test . Test is every week , so I need to be consistent . Sometimes , I don't even have the time to wash my clothes , and usually I'll only wash it once two days . That's how I busy I am here , and always wonder why people keep telling me why college is easy ... .. .

After week 2 , life here is better . In what sense ? One of it is freedom . You can't get more freedom than this . I am on my own already . I go to bed whenever I am . I sleep until what time I like during weekends . I will have my meal anytime I like . I am really enjoying this . Realizing this , I appreciate life here more and more from day to day and looking forward to the next day . And here , is where I shape myself to be independent . To do everything on my own , in studies , cleaning up , food and everything else . I manage my time well , to make sure that i have enough time for both my studies and entertainment . But still , I seldom go out on weekends . Honestly , I would prefer to stay at home . It's because , first , i can save money - transport is not cheap here . Secondly , I would have more time on my studies , clean up my room and wash my clothes and so on . But when I go out , I fall in love with this big city . Everything here is enormous . The shopping complex is so big . And since I'm here , I had saw two Ferrari's already . And every day , I can see a lot of new cars which is expensive and can only be dream now . Another thing which I like here is its digital mall ... The whole mall is selling electronic devices , from computer to MP3 player to game console . You name it , they have it . Price are much more cheaper too , maybe it's because of competition . I like going there even just to walk around .


No comments:

Post a Comment